Monday, August 09, 2004

By the end of this entry, you should be able to...

Spending three intense days learning how to teach was eye-opening and even fun... sometimes. There came a moment on the second day that one of the people in my "class" recalled some technical jargon that was part of my lesson. The thing is that this "student" got it right. She was able to remember, 24 hours later, something that before my lesson she had not known or considered. Because of this realization, the eager eyes and questions during my lessons, and the positive feedback after my lessons, I could feel a warm feeling growing inside of me -- teacher's pride. I almost considered the option of staying in academia post-graduation. NOOOOOOOO!

This workshop provided some skills that don't just apply to the classroom setting. For example, the setting of objectives applies to why I'm writing this blog. I am definitely not becoming much more tech-savvy and my writing is becoming more apparently random blatherings. What measureable marker am I trying to reach by creating these posts?

My best wishes go out to JoAnn, Scott, Crystal, Alain, Van, and Rachelle. The teachers in this bunch are going to be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home